Zingy Ginger Pan-Fried Dumplings
Kako Choi is an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) with a real passion in dietary management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), particularly the use of the Low Fodmap Diet. Here is her creation of these delicious low fodmap Zingy Ginger Pan-fried Dumplings.
Makes 60 dumplings (though you can easily halve the recipe if required!).
60 dumpling wraps (gow gee pastry)
500g pork mince (can also be chicken, beef or prawn)
1/8 cabbage (common), finely chopped
1 cup oyster mushrooms, diced
1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
1 bunch spring onion (green part only), finely chopped
4 tbsp NOGO Zingy Ginger Sauce
- Heat garlic infused olive oil in pan, add cabbage, half of the spring onion and oyster mushroom and season with salt and pepper. Cook until wilted. Transfer to large mixing bowl and set aside to cool for 10mins.
- Add pork mince, chilli flakes, soy sauce, sesame oil, NOGO Zingy Ginger Sauce and the remaining spring onion to cabbage mixture. Mix until well combined.
Wrapping dumplings (see below for handy step-by-step images):
- Place a ball of ½ tablespoon of filling in the centre of the dumpling wrapper. Brush wrapper’s edges with water.
- Fold wrapper in half and pinch the centre.
- Wet reverse edges with water and fold 3 pleats.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Heat oil in large pan, place dumplings with flat side down and cook until bottom becomes golden brown.
- Pour ¼ cup of water and close the lid immediately to let it steam for 2-3 minutes until dumpling wrapper is cooked.
Step-by-step guide to folding dumplings:
Grocery shopping on a Low Fodmap Diet can be challenging and even stressful. With the aim to make the Low Fodmap journey easier, Kako has created KKdietetics – the fodmap spotter where she shares all the low fodmap food products she comes across to give everyone variety and choice for a Low Fodmap Diet. You can follow KKdietetics – the Fodmap Spotter on facebook and Instagram.