Zingy Ginger Chicken Stew
Zingy and warming, this hearty chicken casserole will warm any home, and we especially love it because it is FODMAP friendly, gluten free AND dairy free. We found another great recipe writer in The Aussie Coeliac, and below Ashlee shares her perfect Winter dish.
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp all spice
¼ tsp mustard powder
¼ tsp paprika
a pinch of salt
a pinch of pepper
½ tsp rice flour
500g chicken breast, skin off, sliced. Approximately 125g per person
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large carrot, thickly sliced
250g potato, cubed
2 tbsp NOGO Zingy Ginger Sauce
3 cups Low FODMAP chicken stock
85g bok choy
1. Mix together your spices and rice flour in a bowl.
2. Toss your sliced chicken into the spice and flour mixture to coat.
3. Pour the olive oil into a medium sauce pan over high heat.
4. Once the oil is sizzling, add your chicken and sear over high heat for a minute on each side.
5. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
6. To the pan add your chopped vegetables and Zingy Ginger Sauce. Stir for 1 minute.
7. Reduce to low heat, add the chicken stock, bring to a low simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Add the chicken back into the stew and continue to simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
9. Remove from heat and stir through your bok choy.
10. Pour into a large serving bowl, top with coriander and serve.
This recipe can be served with steamed or boiled rice, or simply on it's own.
Thank you to Ashlee, who is the author of blog The Aussie Coeliac. Ashlee was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease at the age of 6, and now uses her online platform to assist those living a gluten free life.