Vegetarian Pasta with Olive & Red Pasta Sauce
Prep and cooking time: 20mins
GF, DF (optional), Low FODMAP, Vegan
- Pasta of your choice
- ½ jar Olive and Red Wine Pasta Sauce
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 can brown lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 250g pasta (wheat free)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh Basil (1/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shaved parmesan to taste
- Boil water with a drizzle of EVOO and a pinch of salt.
- Add pasta, and cook until nearly al dente
- Meanwhile, heat more EVOO in large fry pan.
- Add zucchini and capsicum, saute until softened
- Add lentils and NOGO Olive and Red Wine Pasta sauce (to taste)
- Stir until well combined
- Take pasta and add to the veggie and lentil mix,(including a little of the pasta water).
- Stir well to combine.
- Add salt, pepper and fresh basil leaves to taste
- Sprinkle shaved parmesan if desired
This recipe is low fodmap by ingredient, however, pending sensitivity, those highly sensitive to fructans may notice mild symptoms due to FODMAP stacking