Tandoori Chicken - Low FODMAP Recipe
Low FODMAP, Gluten Free, Dairy Free (optional), Egg Free
Pair this mouth watering Low FODMAP Tandoori Chicken recipe with our multi-award-winning Eggplant Relish. Full of rich delicious Indian Flavours, whilst keeping your tummy safe from bloating troubles!
- 1 1/2 cups plain full fat yoghurt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 11/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 5 garlic clove equivalent, Low FODMAP Garlic replacer
- 3 tsp garam masala spice mix
- 5 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
- (or 3:1 smoky paprika to cayenne spice blend)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (or add to taste for extra heat)
- 5 tsp Australian Sea Salt
MINT YOGHURT (OPTIONAL)
- 1cup plain yoghurt
- 1/2cup mint leaves, packed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tblsp Olive oil
1.2 KG Chicken thigh or drum sticks (skin on).
- We suggest chicken on the bone, to keep it nice and moist during cooking!
- Spray oil for cooking
Marinade : 12-24 hours:
- In a medium bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients
- Add chicken and stir until the chicken is well-coated with marinade.
- Marinade. Minimum 1 hour, preferably up to 24 hours.
Cooking – OVEN:
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and reserve liquid
- Line a baking tray with foil and place chicken on top
- Place tray with chicken in preheated oven (180 degrees)
- Bake for 20 minutes then generously slather the chicken on both sides with marinade
- Bake for a further 12 minutes, baste with marinade again, spray with oil
- Increase over to 220c
- Bake for a further 10-15 minutes until charred spots appears.
- Serve chicken warm with Jasmin Rice, Minted Yogurt and NOGO Eggplant Pickle
Combine ingredients in a food processor and blitz until mint is finely chopped. Serve with meal.
- Preheat BBQ with closed lid to medium.
- Brush spray with oil.
- Place chicken, skin side down on grill
- Cook for 5 minutes until surface is just becoming caramelized.
- Baste again and turn the chicken.
- Baste again, then close lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken is 175F/80C (this is for chicken on the bone).
- Make sure to baste twice more whilst cooking.
OTHER SERVING SUGGESTIONS, TIPS AND TRICKS:
Double the recipe and use the leftover chicken for another meal! This dish is fantastic served cold with a wrap, salad or sandwich.
Make a wrap for lunch:
Strip the chicken and place in your favourite wrap with lettuce, tomato, yogurt and NOGO Eggplant Relish.
Make a salad for dinner:
Serve chicken on top of a lettuce, tomato, cucumber salad. Make a marinade using Yogurt and NOGO Eggplant Relish.
Make an open sandwich:
Strip the chicken, grab a delicious piece of toasted sour-dough. Slather the Toast with NOGO Classic Mayo, Eggplant Relish, Tandoori chicken, lettuce and finely sliced tomato.