Soy Chicken with Zingy Ginger Sauce
A deceivingly easy dish to prepare, perfect for sharing with family and friends.
6 chicken thigh fillets, or 1 whole chicken
1/2 cup soy sauce or tamari
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp brown sugar
2 cups jasmine rice
1 red chilli
1/2 bunch coriander
1 jar NOGO Zingy Ginger Sauce 180g
1. Cook jasmine rice as per packet instructions, in rice cooker, or steamer. Keep hot in rice cooker.
2. Marinade chicken in soy, sesame oil and sugar for a minimum of 1/2 an hour, or preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
3. For a full chicken, heat your oven to 220C. Place marinated chicken in a roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour or until juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. If you are using chicken thighs, cook on a barbecue plate or fry pan until cooked through. Cut cooked chicken thighs into 2cm slices.
5. Serve the steamed rice on a large platter.
6. Place cooked chicken on top of the rice.
7. Spoon desired amount of Zingy Ginger Sauce on top of chicken and the rice.
8. Sprinkle with sliced red chilli and coriander (use as much or as little as you would like here).
You can serve this dish alongside steamed Chinese broccoli dressed with lemon juice & 1 tsp sesame oil, or an Asian-inspired coleslaw salad.