Mayonnaise - Quick SNACK HACKS
These snack hacks showcase the versatility of mayonnaise as an ingredient in a wide range of snacks, from sandwiches to dips and appetizers. Feel free to get creative and adapt these ideas to suit your taste preferences!
Egg Salad Sandwich:
- Mix hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, and chopped pickles. Spread the mixture on bread for a classic egg salad sandwich.
- Combine mayonnaise with sour cream and your favorite herbs and spices to create a creamy dip for potato chips or vegetable sticks.
- Mix canned tuna, mayonnaise, diced celery, red onion, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Use it as a dip for crackers or as a sandwich filling.
- Spread mayonnaise on small bread rounds or crackers, and then top with bacon, lettuce, and cherry tomatoes for bite-sized BLTs.
- Fill halved and seeded jalapeños with a mixture of cream cheese and mayonnaise, then wraps them in bacon and bake until crispy.
- Thread cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and basil leaves onto skewers. Drizzle with a mayonnaise and balsamic glaze.
- Serve oven-baked potato wedges with a side of mayonnaise mixed with garlic and herbs for dipping.
- Coat chicken tenders in mayonnaise before dipping them in breadcrumbs. Bake until crispy and serve with a honey-mustard-mayo dip.
- Make a chicken salad with shredded chicken, mayonnaise, grapes, and almonds. Serve it in mini croissants.
- Mash avocado with mayonnaise, lime juice, and a pinch of salt for a creamy and tangy avocado dip.
- Spread mayonnaise on cucumber slices and sandwich them between two crackers for a light and refreshing snack.
- Serve steamed prawns with a classic cocktail sauce made by mixing mayonnaise, tomato relish, horseradish, and lemon juice.
- Make a filling with cream cheese, crab (or minced prawns), green spring onion and mayonnaise. Stuff wonton wrappers with the mixture and deep fry until golden.
- Mix mayonnaise and ketchup for a classic dipping sauce for fries or chicken nuggets.
- Drizzle our Sweet Chilli Sauce over a plate of mayonnaise-coated sushi rolls for a spicy kick.
- Mix mayonnaise with your favourite hot sauce for a spicy dip for tortilla chips or chicken wings.
- Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning into mayonnaise and use it as a dip for fried seafood ie prawns or calamari.
- Mix mayonnaise with Low FODMAP Garlic Oil, then spread onto on side of sliced bread, toast for a simple garlic bread snack.
- Drizzle freshly popped popcorn with melted butter and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese mixed with mayonnaise.
- Combine mayonnaise with a splash of soy sauce for a quick dipping sauce for sushi or dumplings.
- Toss cooked vegetables with mayonnaise and a dash of smoked paprika for a creamy and smoky side dish.
- Drizzle freshly popped popcorn with a mixture of melted butter, Sriracha sauce, and mayonnaise for a spicy and creamy snack.
- Mix hummus with a dollop of mayonnaise for a creamy and savoury dip for pita bread or vegetable sticks.