Meat Loaf with Sticky Sauce
This is such a great Aussie classic.
Perfect for a quick easy meal. You can turn it into a sandwich or make a delicious meal from it.. The Sauce on top is delicious and slices, looks award winning on the table.
- 500g lean beef mince (lean is best as the less fat the better with this recipe)
- cup dried bread crumbs (we made our own with sourdough)
- ½ cup chopped green spring onions
- ]1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 3 tbsp. NOGO Tomato or Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce or Coco Minos
- 1 tsp. dried or fresh parsley leaves
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. FreeFOD garlic replacer (aesophetida powder or Cobram Estate Garlic oil)
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup Tomato paste (optional)
- 3 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp red (or white wine) vinegar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, add the meat, sourdough bread crumbs, green spring onion, milk, egg, 3 tablespoons NOGO Tomato Sauce, cocominos (or soy sauce), parsley, salt, FreeFOD garlic powder, and cracked black pepper. Mix all ingredients until combined.
- Add the meat mixture to a loaf pan. Pat the meat down into an even layer.
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup ketchup, the brown sugar, and vinegar. Stir to combine. Pour the sauce on top of the meatloaf and spread it into an even layer.
- Bake uncovered for 55 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 8-10 minutes before serving (or it may fall apart).
Use two spatulas to remove the meatloaf from the pan and transfer it to a cutting board or line the pan with baking paper for easier removal.
Cool for at least 15+ minutes or overnight in the fridge.
A perfect recipe to be made in advance.