Lamb Casserole with Eggplant & Potato
- 1 Jar NOGO Classic Pasta sauce
- 1-2 cups water
- 2 medium eggplant
- 10 baby potatoes cut in half
- Dried Chilli flakes to taste (1 tsp)
- 1 massell stock cube (beef or chicken)
- 750 g- 1kg chump chops (or cut of your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To start, warm a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil
- Small batch fry the lamb chops until browned, when browned set aside
Whilst you are browning the lamb:
- Cut the eggplant into small square cubes (around 2cm each)
- Halve the baby potatoes
Once the lamb is finished:
- In the same pan (which you will have on low), add the potatoes, eggplant, salt and fry for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are slightly browned.
- Add the Lamb, NOGO pasta Sauce, water and chilies, bring to temperature and turn down to a slow simmer. Cook until lamb is falling off the bone (up to 45 mins to 1+ hours).
- Serve either as a casserole, with rice, polenta or mash potato & a side of buttery green beans.
Perfect to be made in advance or freeze for another day. Make a double batch for a lazy day, it’s way better than take-away!