Green Papaya Salad with Sweet Chilli Sauce Dressing
This super fresh papaya salad is a perfect accompaniment to my Prawn & Coconut Betel Leaves and Whole Baked Fish in Banana Leaf. The flavours in this dish take me back to holidays in Thailand, full of flavour, balance and a little spice!
- 1 green papaya, peeled, seeded and coarsely shredded (julienned)
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves, washed well and dried
- 4 tbsp crushed peanuts, lightly roasted
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lime juice
- 4 tbsp NOGO Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Mix papaya, carrots, coriander and crushed peanuts together in a bowl
- In a jar, add fish sauce, lime juice and Sweet Chilli Sauce, put on the lid and mix well
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix through.
- Add additional coriander sprigs to garnish
An Asian vegetable grater is the best thing to use to get the pieces of papaya and carrots just right.