Dukkah Crusted Lamb
served with Grain Salad and NOGO Eggplant Pickle
GF, DF, Low FODMAP, Vegan
This delicious Winter lamb dish is served on a simple yet fragrant grain salad and topped with our popular Eggplant Pickle.
- ¾ cup basmati rice + 375 ml (1 1/8 cups) water**
- 2 tbsp almonds, chopped
- ¾ cup mint, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup spring onion (green ends only), chopped
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup rocket
- 2 tbsp currants
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 tbsp garlic infused EVOO*
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp Eggplant Pickle
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1½ tbsp thyme (dried)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 8-10 lamb chops
- 4 tablespoons EVOO
- Pour 375ml of water into a medium size pot and place on the stove over a high heat until the water has boiled.
- Add ¾ cup of rice. Turn the heat to low, cover the pot with a lid and cook for 11 minutes (or to the instructions on the packet. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, chop the almonds, parsley, mint and spring onion (green ends only) and orange zest and add to your salad bowl.
- Add the rocket, currants, almonds, parsley, mint, spring onion, EVOO, garlic infused EVOO, salt and pepper to the salad bowl and toss through.
- In a fry pan, cook the almonds until they turn golden brown or starting to smell fragrant (approx. 3 minutes, set aside.
- Add the sesame seeds to the pan and continue cook until the sesame seeds are golden. Transfer the almonds and sesame seeds to a food processor.
- Add the cumin, thyme, salt and pepper to the food processor and blend for 15 seconds or until the nuts are broken into a coarse, sand-like texture.
- Transfer the Dukkha to a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove the lamb from the fridge 1 hour prior to cooking to bring to room temperature.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of EVOO into a small bowl, place each side of the lamb cutlet into the EVOO to coat.
- Pour ½ the Almond Dukkha into another small bowl and firmly press each side of the cutlet in the Dukkah. Place the prepared cutlets onto a clean plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of EVOO in a large fry pan over medium heat. Cook the cutlets for 2 minutes each side. The Dukkha should form a crust.
- Remove the lamb from the pan and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve 2-3 lamb cutlets on a bed of rice salad and serve with our Eggplant Pickle.
- Sprinkle additional Almond Dukkah for flavour