Chicken Enchiladas with Jalapeno Salsa
Gluten Free, Low FODMAP
- 600g skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup spring onion (green ends), chopped
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 tbsp garlic infused EVOO*
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ½ tbsp ground smoked paprika
- ½ cup canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8-10 small corn or gluten free tortillas
- 1½ cups shredded tasty cheese
- ¾ cup Jalapeno Salsa
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ avocado, mashed (optional)
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a large baking dish with baking paper and spray lightly with EVOO spray.
- Mass the avocado in a small bowl.
- Chop the capsicum, spring onion, coriander.
- On a separate chopping board, slice the chicken into long, narrow strips.
- In a large fry pan, heat the EVOO to a medium heat. Once warmed, add the chicken and cook for approximately 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the capsicum, spring onion, spices, garlic infused EVOO and ¼ cup of canned tomatoes and stir until evenly combined. Salt to taste. Simmer on a low heat until the capsicum has softened.
- To assemble an enchilada, place 1 tortilla on a flat surface and spread two tablespoons of chicken mixture in a line down the middle of the tortilla, then sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Fold the left side of the tortilla into the middle, then repeat with the right side before placing the tortilla in the baking tray. Assemble the remaining enchiladas before tightly placing them in the tray side by side.
- Spread our Jalapeno Salsa horizontally across the enchiladas, then sprinkle then remaining cheese over the top.
- Place the baking tray in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until enchiladas are slightly crisp on the edges and cheese has melted.
- Serve 2-3 enchiladas with coriander and optional avocado and Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
**The Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Garlic Infused Oil is stocked at most mainstream supermarkets.
Recipe and photography by
Lane Wiederstein, Lane Wiederstein Health Instagram lanewiederstein