Thai Chicken Balls with Vermicelli Noodles
Makes 25 balls | Serves 6-8 people
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Low FODMAP
by Lane Wiederstain, Nutritionist (low.carb.nutritionist)
These oven baked Thai Chicken Balls are served with vermicelli noodles and our NO GO Sweet Chilli Sauce. Fresh and delicious!
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) spray
- 1 kg chicken mince
- 1 cup coriander, washed and chopped
- 1 cup Thai basil, washed and chopped
- 1 cup spring onion (green ends only), finely sliced
- 12 green beans (½ cup), finely sliced
- ½ capsicum (½ cup), finely diced
- 3 carrots, grated
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons ginger, grated or minced
- 1/3 cup NO GO Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- To serve:
- Rice vermicelli noodles*
- Coriander or Thai basil
- NOGO Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180° Line a baking tray with baking paper and spray with EVOO spray.
- Wash and pat dry the coriander and Thai basil with paper towel. Chop the herbs.
- Finely slice the spring onion (green ends only), green beans and capsicum. Grate the carrots, lime and ginger. Place into a large mixing bowl with the herbs.
- Add and mix the NOGO Sweet Chilli Sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt and pepper in the bowl.
- Add the chicken mince into the bowl. Mix thoroughly or until the veggies and sauces are evenly dispersed through the chicken.
- Roll the mixture into 25 balls and place evenly on the baking tray. Place the chicken balls in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and turned white.
- In the meantime, place vermicelli noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let the noodles sit in the water for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain excess water from the bowl using a strainer.
- Serve 3-4 balls on a bed of noodles, a drizzle of NOGO Sweet Chilli Sauce and top with left over coriander or Thai basil.
*Vermicelli noodles quantity will depend on number or serves. Please refer to the noodle package for serving sizes.