TEX MEX Rice - one pan meal
This is a brilliant mid week meal to make, simple, healthy ingredients and the prep was quick too. Plus the outcome was absolutely flavoursome! Let us know what you think, we gave it a big thumbs up!
- Jar NOGO TACO Seasoning
- 500 g minced meat
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 1 can tinned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups plain white rice
- 2.5 cups Beef or chicken stock
- 1 can black beans (or beans of your choice
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum (or capsicum of your choice)
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- Juice of ½ Lime (or lemon)
- NOGO Jalpeno Salsa (hot or mild)
- Coriander (chopped) for decoration (optional)
- Lime or lemon wedges
- Corn Tortilla’s/TACO’s or Soft TACO wraps
- Cheese (optional)
- Avocado (we made a guacamole with avocado, chilli flakes, salt and pepper, lime juice)
- Finely diced ice-burg lettuce
- Heat frypan
- Fry capsicum until soft
- Add Minced meat and fry until browned
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes
- Add balance of ingredients
- Cook until rice is tender (depending on the rice you used up to 30 minutes), to speed the process up, once simmering, turn to low, pop the lid on the pot and leave until cooked.
- Place the pot on the table with a serving spoon
- In individual dishes, so everyone can serve themselves, place on the table:
- Grated cheese
- Jalapeno Salsa – hot or mild
- Corn chips (taco shells or taco wraps)
Dig in, don’t wait! It’s a flavour sensation.
Freeze the root of the corriander to add flavoyr to soups, stews and curry pastes. Double and have left overs for the next night, it’s perfect rewarmed!