Red Curry Prawn and Ling Cakes
GF, DF, Low FODMAP, Pescatarian
Red Curry Paste
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 4 Birdseye Chillies, finely chopped
- 3 Lemongrass stalks, roughly chopped
- 3cm piece ginger or galangal
- 4 green parts of the spring onion
- 1 tblsp garlic oil (low fodmap)
- 6 Kaffir Lime Leaves (fresh) (or 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest)
- 80g stalks of coriander (keep leaves for prawn cakes)
- 2 tblsp fish sauce or Cocomino’s
- 2 tblsp Sunflower or vegetable oil
- In a vitamiser blend all ingredients until a fine paste. Jar (will keep in fridge for up to 2 weeks, alternatively you can free for later use)
Prawn and Fish Cakes
- 150g raw prawns
- 150 g ling or a white fish
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup chopped green beans
- 2 tablespoons Thai Basil leaves
- Sunflower (or neutral vegetable oil) for frying
- Spread the chopped prawns on a plate and place in the freezer for 15 minutes (this ensures a springy texture)
- Combine chilled prawns, curry paste, egg yolk, fish sauce and sugar in a food processor and pulse until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl; stir in the green beans and basil and season with salt.
- Shape into small flat discs about 5cm diameter.
- Heat oil in a wok until shiny, then fry prawn cakes in small batches for 2-3 mins until golden.
- Drain on paper towelling
- Serve with a bowl of the dipping sauce.
- 1/3 jar Sweet Chilli Sauce
- ½ Lime
- ½ bunch coriander leaves
Mix all ingredients in a serving bowl and place with the Prawn and Fish Cakes for dipping