Mexican Tacos with Jalapeno Salsa
Mexican meals are my weeknight answer - simple, tasty and easy to put together. Here's our version of FODMAP Friendly tacos, which you can alter depending on your tastes, or what you have in the kitchen! We also like switching out the beef mince for chicken or crumbled tofu.
Low FODMAP, gluten free recipe.
Ingredients for the spice mix:
1 Jar NOGO TACO Seasoning
Additional ingredients for cooking:
750g lean minced beef
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp FODMAP friendly garlic oil
Corn tortillas or tacos - gluten free (you can use hard or soft shells). (Tortillas are low FODMAP at 47g/2 standard tortillas).
Ingredients for the table (place in individual bowls):
2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
2 corn cobs, steamed, boiled, or charred with corn kernels removed. (Low FODMAP at 1/2 cob per person).
4 tomatoes, finely chopped
NOGO Jalapeno Salsa
Optional: grated carrot, diced red capsicum, peeled and diced cucumber.
1. In a fry pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil, allow to get hot and then add the minced meat. Cook for 5 minutes, or until browned
3. Add NOGO TACO Seasoning and fry for 10-15 minutes, until cooked and sizling in the pan..
4. While you are cooking the mince, heat tacos in oven or microwave as per packet instructions.
4. Put cooked mince in a serving bowl.
5. Place all bowls of ingredients on the table, with the mince, hot tacos or tortillas, the salsa and sour cream.
We love communal eating and this is it at it's best (and easiest!). All guests get to serve themselves and don't forget the dollop of sour cream & Jalapeno Salsa on top!