Satay Pumpkin & Tofu Curry
GF, DF, Low Fodmap, Vegan
This delicious Satay with Turmeric Pumpkin & Tofu Curry is a nourishing vegetarian Winter meal using our Satay Sauce with Turmeric. It has the perfect balance of zing from the lime and creaminess from the peanuts, mixed among plenty of anti-inflammatory, warming spices.
- 400g Kent pumpkin, chopped
- 400g tofu, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp red finger chilli, finely diced (seeded)
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp garlic EVOO
- 3-4 tbsp Satay with Turmeric
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Basmati rice - 2 cups uncooked Basmati rice + 3 cups water
- Fresh Mint
- Gluten free Naan bread
- Chop the tofu and pumpkin into 1 cm cubes. Chop the coriander and chilli then grate the lime and ginger, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons EVOO, ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon. Add the tofu and coat with the spices.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of EVOO. Once the oil is warm add the tofu cook for 4 minutes (turning). The tofu should start to get a little crispy on the outside.
- Add the pumpkin, chilli and ginger to the pan. Turn the heat down to low and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft. Add the coriander, ginger, chilli, lime zest and lime juice.
- In a small bowl, mix the Satay with Turmeric with coconut milk, salt pepper and sugar then add it to the pan with the water. Stir the liquid ingredients through and ensure the curry is simmering (not boiling).
- Sprinkle the tapioca flour over the pan and mix into the the curry quickly so the flour doesn’t form small clumps. The flour will help thicken the curry. Once the curry has thickened, take it off the stove.
- To prepare the rice, place 2 cups of rice in a saucepan on the stove. Add 3 cups of water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stand covered for 5 minutes. Alternatively, you could use a pre-packeted rice that you prepare using a microwave.
- Serve the curry with 1 cup of cooked rice per person and garnish with fresh mint, peanuts and lime juice. You may like to add some gluten free Naan bread to mop up the left-over sauce.