Prawn & Coconut Betel Leaves with Sweet Chilli Sauce
Try this dish at your next dinner party, and you're sure to impress your guests! Betel Leaves can be found at quality Asian grocers. Serve as an entree, just before my Whole Baked Fish in Banana Leaf and Green Papaya Salad.
1 lime - zest the skin, and finely chop the flesh
1 cup toasted shredded coconut
75g (1/2 cup) unsalted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
300g cooked school prawns, peeled and roughly chopped
1/3 cup spring onions (green part only), finely chopped
3cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
3 red finger chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
12 betel leaves, washed and dried
Ingredients for the dressing:
4 tbsp NOGO Sweet Chilli Sauce
4 tbsp lime juice (or lemon)
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp maple syrup (or palm sugar)
1. Add all dressing ingredients in to a serving jug and mix well.
2. Mix all remaining ingredients in a large bowl, then pour over dressing a gently mix through.
3. Arrange betel leaves on a serving platter (do not let them over-lap).
4. Place small quantities (just under 1 tbsp) of the mixture on to each betel leaf.
5. Serve. To eat - roll up the betel leaf and pop in to your mouth!