Megsie's Mexican Slow Cooked Lamb
(slow cooked with NOGO TACO Seasoning)
- 1 jar NOGO Low FODMAP TACO Seasoning
- 750 gm’s Diced lamb (or lamb should cut up into pieces)
- 1 x small Red Capsicum, sliced
- 1 x small Green Capsicum, sliced
- 1 can corn (drained and rinsed)
- 3 medium diced carrots
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2-3 cups water (or as required)
- 1 Cup chopped green spring onions
- Extra Virgin olive oil for browning meat
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- NOGO Low FODMAP Jalapeno Salsa (hot or mild)
- Sour Cream (lactose free. Optional)
- Brown meat in a pan, preferably one with a lid (do in small batches so it doesn’t stew, but browns)
- Put meat aside once browned, repeat until all cooked
- In the same pan, in the juices/oil, pan fry your carrots (2-3 minutes), then add the balance of vegetables. Cook on medium until softened. Add the spring onions at the very end.
- Once softened, add the meat, jar of taco seasoning and 2-3 water.
- Put lid on the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmered, turn to low and cook for 2-3 hours, or until meat is tender and falling apart.
- Steamed Rice
- Jalapeno Salsa (hot or mild)
- Sour cream (optional)
Alternative servicing suggestions:
Serve with a Soft Taco’s and fill with lettuce, tomato, cheese and NOGO Jalapeno Salsa (HOT or MILD)
Fill two Sourdough slices with the TACO Lamb mix, cheese and tomatoes and make yourself a cheesy, delicious toastie.
Load up with guacamole, diced tomatoes, cheese and all your favorite ingredients. Big dollops of NOGO Jalapeno Salsa and then eat with Corn Chips.
Tip: This meal improves with time, so you can make it in advance, either leave in the fridge or freeze for later!
Jus re-heat and serve. It reheats beautifully!