Lamb Cous Cous Salad with Sweet Capsicum Relish
This is a gorgeous recipe that I created when I was thinking about what to do with left over lamb from a BBQ the night before. Of course, you can also simply cook up some lamb back-straps or chops, as you would normally, before adding them to this recipe - Meg.
Serves 3-4 people.
Ingredients for the cous cous:
200 - 300g cooked lamb
NOGO Sweet Capsicum Relish
2 cups Cous Cous
Ingredients for the pomegranate salad:
Rind from 1 orange - finely grated
Rind from 1 lemon - finely grated
3/4 cup fresh mint
1/2 cup fresh coriander
1/2 cup green spring onion (green part only)
1 medium cucumber
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
Juice from 1 orange
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Salt to season
1. In a large bowl, prepare the cous cous as per packet instructions, then feather lightly with a fork and place in a serving dish.
2. Thinly slice your warm lamb, and arrange on top of the cous cous.
3. Dollop 4-6 tablespoons of the Sweet Capsicum Relish on top of the lamb and cous cous.
For the salad:
4. Finely chop mint, coriander and spring onion.
5. Remove all seeds from the pomegranate fruit.
6. Thinly slice sun dried tomato pieces.
7. Roughly chop the cucumber.
For the dressing:
8. In a jar, combine orange juice, EVO, vinegar and salt. Put on the lid and shake to mix all ingredients together.
9. In a serving bowl, add all salad ingredients and dressing and mix to combine.
10. Serve alongside warm cous cous and lamb.
Plain yoghurt or sour cream
Finely chopped chilli + coriander