Halloumi Frittata with Sweet Capsicum Relish
Photo provided by Dorit Jaffe, The FODMAP Talk
This dish is perfect any time of day. Have a slice for breakfast with your coffee, add a fresh salad and enjoy hot or cold for lunch or serve as a light dinner.
NOGO’s Sweet Capsicum Relish adds a wonderful twist to this dish. It’s sweet against the saltiness of the halloumi cheese and creates a perfect combination.
You will need a pan you can use on the stove top and in the oven.
1 teaspoon garlic infused oil
1 large tomato
1 cup baby spinach
7 large eggs
1 cup lactose free milk
120 grams halloumi cheese
NOGO Sweet Capsicum Relish
Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Heat the over to 180 degrees Celsius
- Heat the oil in the pan
- Slice the tomato and add to the pan
- After 2 minutes add the spinach
- Let both vegetables cook well
- In a bowl add the eggs and milk
- To the bowl add cracked pepper and salt (leave out the salt if the cheese is too salty)
- Mix well and then pour into the pan
- Slice the halloumi cheese thinly and place on top of the frittata
- After a couple of minutes, as you see the frittata forming a nice crust on the sides, remove from heat
- Place into the oven
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the frittata is cooked (the egg shold be totally cooked and no more 'wobble' if you shake the dish).
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Garnish and service with NOGO Sweet Capsicum Relish.