Buttered Green Beans
- 500g green beans
- 100g melted salted butter
- 100g slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Dry fry the almonds in a pan until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
2. In a steamer over boiling water, steam beans for 2-3 minutes until just cooked but still crunchy.
3. Run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
4. Melt the butter gently in a pot over low heat.
5. In a serving bowl place the beans, pour over melted butter and stir through.
6. Sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds, a pinch of sea salt & cracked pepper.