BASIL SOUP served with cheesy toastie
Low FODMAP, GF, Vegan, DF
Servings : 4-5
This is a great quick meal to make, perfect as you can keep all the ingredients in the pantry for when you are time poor or don’t feel like making a complex meal.
This is a warming, delicious soup. perfect for the whole family. A quick lunch in a mug or served in a bowl for a main meal. Add a dollop of sour cream and ground pepper, pinch of salt (to taste, it may not need it).
We served our soup with a delicious toasted cheese sandwich (croque Madame).
- 1 jar of NOGO Sweet Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup milk (if not wanting to use milk use plain water)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Massel chicken or vegetable stock cube
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Pour 1 jar of NOGO Sweet Basil Pasta Sauce into a cooking pot
- Add milk, water and chicken stock cube
- Bring to mixture to temperature and warm until a slow boil and stock cube has dissolved
Note: Perfect served with a toasted ham and cheese sandwich, toast or a sandwich.