Baked Eggs with Sweet Capsicum Relish
Gluten Free, Low FODMAP, Dairy free, no garlic, no onion
Our Baked Eggs with Sweet Capsicum Relish is a great Winter brunch recipe, perfect for sharing with family and friends. The bread is a must, to mop up the delicious left-over sweet relish and egg from the pan!
- 1½ red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup spring onion (green ends only), chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup Sweet Capsicum Relish
- 200g (½ tin) canned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic infused EVOO*
- 1 cup silverbeet, torn (optional)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2-4 slices gluten free or sourdough bread, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Dice the capsicum into 1 cm pieces
- Chop the spring onion (green ends only)
- Roughly chop the coriander
- Roughly chop the silver-beet (5cm pieces)
- Spray a large skillet (or fry pan) with EVOO spray. Place the skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the capsicum, spring onion, cumin, smoked paprika, chilli, salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the capsicum has softened.
- In a small bowl, mix our Sweet Capsicum Relish with the canned tomatoes and garlic infused EVOO. Once mixed, add the mixture to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Make six indentations into the mixture and crack an egg into each indentation.
- Place the silverbeet around the edges of the skillet/pant.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Whilst the eggs are baking, toast the bread.
- Serve the Baked Eggs with toast and sprinkle fresh coriander.