Baked Eggs with a Knockout Tomato Sauce
A weeknight dinner treat as well as a sensational breakfast or lunch. Our friend, Nellie Kerrison, from Relish Mama Cooking School got creative with a few of her favourite NOGO sauces. We would happily eat this dish at any meal!
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp NOGO Zingy Ginger Sauce
2 tsp ground cumin
1 pinch of chilli flakes
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 handful of black olives, pitted
150 ml FODMAP Friendly vegetable stock or water
1 tbsp NOGO Tomato Sauce
1 x 380g jar NOGO Olive and Red Wine Pasta Sauce
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Freshly cracked black pepper
150g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
4 tbsp coriander leaves, washed and dried
4 free-range eggs
2 tbsp of full-fat yoghurt
1. Heat a medium sized frying pan (that has a matching lid) on a low-medium heat and add the oil. Add the Zingy Ginger Sauce and stir for 60 seconds.
2. Add the garlic, cumin, chilli and turmeric and cook, stirring for approximately 30 seconds.
3. Add the olives and vegetable stock and cook for a few minutes to develop the flavours.
4. Stir in the Tomato Sauce and Olive & Red Wine Pasta Sauce.
5. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice.
6. Taste and season with sea salt and pepper.
7. Add spinach, cover with a lid and cook for 2–3 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
8. Stir in half of the coriander.
9. Make 4 hollows in the mixture and break in the eggs. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
10. Remove lid and continue cooking for a further 2 minutes.
11. Top with remaining coriander leaves.
Allow to cool slightly and then serve with yoghurt on the side. For extra decadence, toast up your favourite bread & drizzle with a little FODMAP Friendly Garlic-infused olive oil!
Nellie Kerrison is the owner of Relish Mama Cooking School in Cheltenham, Victoria. We love working with Nellie and holding FODMAP Friendly cooking classes at her school. If you would like to booking in for a class, you can do so via her website. Thank you Nellie for this yummy recipe!