Asian Cabbage Rolls
Recipe and photograph by Bianca @_thedailyfoodfeed
GF, DF, Low FODMAP, Vegan/Vegetarian (optional)
- 4 Savoy cabbage leaves
- 125g chicken mince
- 1 tsp garlic infused EVOO
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of the green part of the spring onion, chopped finely
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Serve with cooked basmati rice, sesame seeds coriander.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- Blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling water until the leaves become soft and a vibrant green (about 5-10 minutes)
- Remove from the water and cool
- Remove/trim the thick veins from the leaves so that they are easier to fold (and eat!)
- Mix together the minced chicken, garlic infused EVOO, fish sauce, GF soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, cauliflower rice, egg and green spring onions in a bowl. Mix well until fully combined
- Divide stuffing between the 4 rolls. Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of a piece of cabbage and roll them up (folding in the two sides over the centre and then rolling the other ends over top. Repeat with the remaining cabbage leaves.
- Place the cabbage rolls in a lined baking dish, seam side down so they do not open whilst cooking.
- Cook the cabbage rolls for 15 minutes @ 180 degrees
- For the sauce, whisk together NOGO Zingy Ginger Sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce and cayenne pepper
- After 15 minutes of cooking, brush the cabbage rolls with some of the sauce, and return to the over for another 10 minutes until they turn golden in colour
- Sprinkle the Cabbage Rolls with sesame seeds and coriander. Serve with rice and remaining sauce in a dipping bowl.